Speak Norsk ́s C1 course package consists of two parts, C1.1. and C1.2 and will emerge you into the more complex parts of the language - from political debates, understanding of dialects to formal and poetic writing. It has a natural transition from one topic to the next, and builds on your skills and confidence when speaking and writing in Norwegian, as close as on a native level.
Recommended for YOU who have priorly completed B2 level or for everyone with an intermediate level in Norwegian who wants to further develop their skills to an academic level and/or want to pass Bergenstest.
What's included in the course?
- Pre-recorded lessons and examples on advanced writing and debates´ techniques
- Teacher guidance throughout the course
- Collection of pre-recorded lessons videos, sound clips, quizzes, writing and listening exercises
- Full-length pre-recorded lessons on topics such as:
- Formal and informal words and vocabulary
- How to write a letter of complaint and other formal letters
- Advanced use of prepositions
- Structure and writing of argumentative texts
- How to write formal and informal letters and emails
- How to write a CV and job application that will stand out
- Comma rules
- Debates and argumentative conversation
- Map and explanation of Norwegian dialects
- Abbreviations and slang terms
- Transitive and intransitive verbs
- Sentence binders
- Information and tips about how to apply for a loan in Norway
- All-in-all helpful videos that will assist you in developing your writings skills and ability to write clear, long texts
- Grammar, vocabulary, and linguistic exercises that will help you expand your knowledge to a high level
- Advanced vocabulary lists
- Videos and material about important concepts on the school system in Norway
- Course completion certificate
You will learn how to:
- understand a variety of texts with different subjects and with a different complexity range
- express ideas and use the language in an academic environment
- write letters, emails, resumes and job applications that stand out
- understand particular nuances of the Norwegian language and authentic word phrases, unknown to the beginner/intermediate students and generally used only by the Norwegian community
- write an attractive ad online
- differentiate different Norwegian dialects, such as Bergen, Stavanger, etc.
- You will become familiar and further develop their language skills within all registers (formal, informal, familiar, slang) to cope with complex situations of oral communication and in writing.
- You will produce multiple texts, such as essays, articles, poetic texts, well-structured CVs and job applications. This way, you will get familiar with producing clear, well-structured, detailed sentences, showing controlled use of connectors.
- You will gain a solid linguistic competence, using the language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
Teachers will answer your questions in the comments section of each video. You can also send personalised emails to teachers to check your texts and other assignments.
Course books and materials
You will get 4 e-books. All e-books and materials needed for the course are included in the price and are available on the online platform.