The course has a special focus on discussion, debates and writing. It has a natural transition from one topic to the next, and builds on your skills and confidence when speaking and writing in Norwegian.
What's included in the course?
- Pre-recorded lessons and examples on advanced argumentation techniques
- Teacher guidance throughout the course
- Collection of many videos, sound clips, quizzes, exercises and other materials for advanced users of the language
Pre-recorded lessons with examples of debate, commenting on multiple subject topics from Norway's historical moments to current international news
- Information and tips about Norwegian political debates and how to debate these topics
- All-in-all, helpful videos that will assist you in developing your writings skills and ability to write clear, long texts
- Explanations, examples and suggestions on how to write formal and informal emails and letters
- Grammar, vocabulary and linguistic exercises that will help you expand your knowledge to a high level
- Advanced vocabulary lists
- Course completion certificate
You will learn how to:
- understand a variety of texts with different subjects and with a different complexity range
- express ideas and use the language in an academic environment
- understand particular nuances of the Norwegian language and authentic word phrases, unknown to the beginner/intermediate students and generally used only by the Norwegian community
- differentiate different Norwegian dialects, such as Bergen, Stavanger, etc.
- You will become familiar and further develop their language skills within all registers (formal, informal, familiar, slang) to cope with complex situations of oral communication and in writing.
- You will produce multiple texts, such as essays, proposals, articles, reports, reviews, and emails. This way, you will get familiar with producing clear, well-structured, detailed sentences, showing controlled use of connectors.
- You will gain a solid linguistic competence, using the language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
Who is this course recommended for?
The C1.1 course is recommended for YOU who have priorly completed B2 level or for everyone who wants to further develop their Norwegian skills to an academic level and/or want to pass Bergenstest.
Teachers will answer your questions in the comments section of each video. You can also send personalised emails to teachers to check your texts and other assignments.
Course books and materials
You will get 3 e-books. All e-books and materials needed for the course are included in the price and are available on the online platform.