Become more successful at getting a job in Norway!
This is the complete course which covers the entire job-seeker process in depth, from the start until you get the job. It will make you into a more informed, confident, and credible job-seeker who understands the Norwegian culture and mindset.
Learn from a native Norwegian leader and former recruiter with 30 years of professional experience. This course is unique, because it goes deeper into the culture by sharing knowledge that is hard to find in other places. You can get the cultural hacks now, instead of spending years to build this knowledge in bits and pieces on your own.
Karin Ellis has helped thousands of foreign job-seekers in Norway, and now she is ready to help you … Discover your full potential by learning from her experiences as well as the research that she has collected.
Imagine a job hunt where:
- Your CV and application letter immediately capture the attention of recruiters
- You are able to sell your competence and skills in a way that creates trust, credibility and connection with Norwegian employers
- Your interview performance increase significantly because you are more aware of yourself and what employers are looking for
- You can be targeted in your approach because you know what Norwegian employers expect and place an emphasis on
- You understand the Norwegian recruitment practices and mindset
Karin Ellis has successfully helped people secure their dream jobs and move to Norway! Now she is ready to help you.
This course will make you a more informed, confident, credible and successful job-seeker in Norway.
It covers the entire job-seeker process in depth, from the start until you get the job.
- Build your CV and application letter with the right focus and content for the Norwegian job market
- Learn how to talk about your strengths and weaknesses in interviews and how to turn your weaknesses into strengths
- Learn how to express your motivation in a heartfelt and powerful way
- Find out how you "sell" your competence and skills in a convincing way in Norway
- Know how to prepare for, and what to wear in the job interview
- Learn what to expect and how to perform optimally during job interviews
- Discover what Norwegian employers place an emphasis on in the selection process.
- Enhance your performance after developing your self-awareness through the reflection exercises included in the course
- Explore the cultural hacks to learn about the cultural preferences of Norwegian employers
- Discover common mistakes and learn how to avoid them
- Practice on exercises to increase your self-awareness, find your inner motivation, abilities, strengths and weaknesses.
- Test your knowledge through several quizzes.
Special about this course:
- Personal follow up by the native expert who will answer your questions.
You will be able to ask questions 24/7 and get explanatory feedback with quick response time.
Hi, my name is Karin Ellis
I will guide you and follow up with you throughout your course!
Founder and CEO of Ellis Culture
30 years' experience as an employee, leader and recruiter in large Norwegian companies with an international presence.
Author of "Working with Norwegians" and "Applying for jobs".
This course is based on my own experience as a recruiter, interviews with many Norwegian recruiters as well as research.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to...
- Significantly increase your chances of success of getting your dream job
- Apply best practice for the Norwegian job market
- Identify what recruiters are looking by analysing job adverts
- Adapt your approach to meet the recruiters' requirement
- Promote yourself in a credible and trustworthy way for the Norwegian taste
- Enhance your performance in job interviews by knowing what to prepare for and having higher self-awareness
- More targeted approach by understanding the cultural preferences of Norwegian employers
- Higher confidence by understanding the recruitment practices as well as what Norwegian employers expect and place an emphasis on
Who is this course for?
- Job-seekers who want to improve their results
- People considering a career change
- Recent college graduates
- Current undergraduate students
- People wanting to relocate to Norway
Lesson previews with Karin Ellis
Preview of the content
- Welcome and get to know your instructor (1:10)
- Goals of this course
- Some suggestions for how to do this course
- The value of learning Norwegian
- Job-seeking is a demanding process
- Trends in the Norwegian job market
- Unemployment benefit while looking for a job in Norway
- The situation in the Norwegian labour market
- Checklist for job-seeking in Norway
- NOKUT recognition of foreign education
- Job portals
- How to read the job advert (9:37)
- Calling the recruiters
- Cultural hack: How much confidence should you show?
- Cultural hack: How to "sell" yourself at the right level (Janteloven) (15:25)
- Cultural hack: Common pitfalls as a job-seeker in Norway
- Writing the CV (14:10)
- Formatting your CV (10:00)
- Identify your transferable skills
- Cultural hack: The most important part of your CV (6:29)
- Cultural hack: Why voluntary work is so valuable
- Cultural hack: Why references are so important (7:55)
- Should my CV have a picture? (6:55)
- Reference letters (attest)
- Cultural hack: Typical mistakes in the CV
- CV samples
- Preparations for the interview (15:14)
- Finding your unique selling points
- Remember to sell yourself at the right level
- The interview (27:02)
- Questions asked by employers
- Discussing your strengths and weaknesses
- Questions you could ask during the interview
- Salary expectations
- Cultural hack: Cultural aspects during the interview (11:06)
- Practical cases during the interview
- Cultural hack: Typical mistakes in the job interview
- Cultural hack: Easier ways into the job market (7:54)
- Cultural hack: Will taking a job I’m overqualified for have a negative impact on my career? (4:48)
- Temporary jobs - possible door opener to your dream job (6:45)
- Cultural hack: Are there fake job adverts in Norway?
- Delivering or submitting open applications
- Getting the job offer
- Salary negotiations before accepting the job offer (6:24)
- If you did not get the job
- Starting your own business in Norway
- Trade unions
- Low-volume hiring seasons